Whether for individuals or corporations, at Farbstein & Blackman, we aggressively and efficiently seek results on behalf of our clients, in business, personal injury, employment, and professional liability matters.
Farbstein & Blackman has decades of experience in the full range of employment litigation and counseling, including emerging trends in wage and hour, discrimination, harassment and unfair competition.
- Litigation Services
- Wrongful termination, including public policy violations
- Wage and hour claims (including individual and class action claims regarding compensation, meal and rest breaks, PAGA, and related remedies)
- Discrimination (state and federal)
- Retaliation and Whistleblower claims
- Leave related litigation, including under FMLA, CFRA, disability and others
- Unfair Competition, including recruiting, trade secrets and related claims
- Responses to EEOC and DFEH investigations
- Workers’ compensation retaliation claims under Labor Code Section 132a
- Employment tort claims, including privacy, interference and defamation
- Employment contract claims, including fraudulent inducementv
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Administrative proceedings (Labor Commissioner, EDD, DFEH, EEOC, DOL)
- Labor relations and management
- Counseling and advice
- Risk management
- Employment best practices (contracts, NDAs, policies, handbooks, forms, processes)
- Pre-termination counseling
- Severance negotiations
- Leave compliance (pregnancy, disability, FMLA/CFRA, other statutory and personal leaves)
- Workplace investigations
- Executive contracts and compensation
- Audits of payroll and timekeeping practices
- Disability accommodation and compliance
- Worker misclassification (exempt v. nonexempt)
- Independent contractor analysis
- Social media policies
- Presentations and trainings, including AB 1825 Sexual harassment training
- Employee relations
- Other: If your concern is not listed please contact us for assistance.
We devote a substantial portion of our practice to malpractice litigation involving a range of professions, including, accountants, lawyers, software and web developers, real estate professionals and human resource consultants.
- Representation of accountants, attorneys, human resource professionals, software and web developers, real estate professions and insurance professionals
We have tried cases in a broad spectrum of matters affecting individuals and businesses in our community, with experience in all phases of litigation, from filing through appeal.
- Breach of contract
- Trade secrets misappropriation
- Business dissolutions
- ADA accommodation
- US Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Counseling and advice
- Insurance contracts
- Real estate contracts
Farbstein & Blackman has a proven record of success in personal injury and wrongful death cases, including seven-figure verdicts and settlements.
- Catastrophic injuries and wrongful death
- Libel and slander
- False imprisonment
At Farbstein & Blackman, we rely on extensive experience and know-how in representing and counseling individuals, medical providers and other businesses throughout Northern California with various types of insurance claims.
- Construction defect
- Neighbor disputes (boundaries, trees, drainage, etc.)
- Personal property claims